At Adelaide Festival Centre we value your privacy.
This policy outlines how we protect your privacy and manage your personal information. We act in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles Instruction of the Department of Premier and Cabinet (2016) which govern the privacy regulation for government agencies in South Australia.
When we update this policy, we will post the updated version on our website here: https://schools.dreambigfestival.com.au/. Any updates will apply from the time they are posted.
2. Who This Policy Applies To
This policy covers anyone who may attend one of our venues or Events, purchase tickets via BASS, make an enquiry about our services or events; visit our website or social media platforms, or otherwise engage with us in any way. It does not cover our employees or volunteers.
3. Useful Definitions
We aim to make this policy as easy to understand as possible. The definitions below will help you understand what we mean when we mention certain terms.
Adelaide Festival Centre
Means Adelaide Festival Centre Trust, a statutory authority of the South Australian Government of King William Road, Adelaide SA 5000, ABN 90 940 220 425
Means the ticketing agency operated by Adelaide Festival Centre Trust under the trading name “BASS S.A”.
Your permission. Your consent can be express or implied. Express consent may be written or verbal. Implied consent is where we can reasonably form a view that you have given consent by taking action or deciding not to take action. For example, when purchasing tickets from us, we have your implied consent to send you information relating to the purchase of those tickets.
A performance, exhibition, function, meeting or any other event activity held at an Adelaide Festival Centre venue, by Adelaide Festival Centre and/or ticketed by BASS.
Home Companies are independent arts companies who work closely with Adelaide Festival Centre. These include:
- Adelaide Festival
- Adelaide Symphony Orchestra
- The Australian Ballet
- Australian Dance Theatre
- Brink Productions
- Path Theatre Company
- State Opera South Australia
- State Theatre Company
- Windmill Theatre Co
Any third party – excluding Home Companies – presenting an Event at Adelaide Festival Centre, one of our venues, or who is using BASS as a ticketing agency.
We, Our or Us
Adelaide Festival Centre
You or Your
The person reading this policy
4. Collection of Your Personal Information
4.1 What information do we collect?
The type of personal information that we collect about you is dependent on how you interact with us. The information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name, address and other contact details
- Your gender
- Your date of birth
- Records of our interactions with you, including feedback you have provided or discussions you have had with our team
- Information about transactions you have made with us, including billing details
- Events you have attended with us
- Your opt-in preferences for communications
- Information about your use of our website (see 6 Online Privacy)
- Cookies (see 6.2 Cookies Policy)
4.2 When do we collect this information?
We may collect personal information when you interact with us in a range of ways. This includes, but is not limited to:
- When you purchase tickets from BASS
- When you have purchased tickets from another authorised ticketing agency
- When you visit us or attend any of our Events
- When you contact us in person, via phone, mail, email or online
- When you subscribe to receive communications from us
- When you make a donation
- When you apply to become a member of one of our programs
- When you interact with our emails or social media accounts
4.3 What if I don’t want to provide my Personal Information?
If you do not provide your personal information, we may be unable to provide certain services. For example:
- Without contact information, we cannot inform you of a cancellation or change to an event to which you have purchased tickets
- Without payment information, we will be unable to process your online ticket transaction
There may be some instances where we require certain Personal Information in order to provide you with your requested service.
4.4 Do we collect Sensitive Information?
To provide our services or respond to question about our services, we may sometimes be required to collect and store Sensitive Information about you. Sensitive Information may include health and medical information relating to any disability, accessibility or concession requirements.
We limit the collection of Sensitive Information, and only do so where required.
4.5 How do we store Personal Information?
We take reasonable steps to securely store and protect all personal information we hold. We may store your Personal Information in our Customer Relationship Management system, or in other relevant electronic databases.
Where necessary, we may also engage service providers to store personal information. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our service provides are reputable, and have policies, procedures and systems in place to keep personal information secure and evaluate them in line with the South Australian Government’s ISMF Policies. This includes where such service providers have servers located overseas.
When you engage with us on social media or other online platforms not owned by Adelaide Festival Centre, some Personal Information may be stored on these platforms. This is governed by the Privacy Policies of those platforms to which you agree when signing up to use these platforms and services.
5. Use of Your Personal Information
5.1 How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to, but not limited to:
- Provide you with the service you have requested or purchased
- To process your purchase or donation
- To manage you booking
- To send you information about your transaction and/or event
- To send you confirmation of your booking
- To let you know about information related to your booking, including relevant information about your visit
- To respond to enquires made by you
- To correspond with you about a competition you have entered
- To ensure that you can access the venue of an event
- To conduct direct marketing that you have opted-in to receive
- To conduct customised online advertising
- To personalise your website experience
- To improve Adelaide Festival Centre’s products and services
- To send you surveys to gather feedback in relation to events which you have attended
5.2 Who do we disclose your personal information to?
There are instances where we may be required to disclose your personal information to a third party. Where we do so, we take reasonable action to ensure that these organisations are trusted and will protect the privacy of your personal information.
We may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we are acting as a ticketing agency for a Home Company (via BASS) and it is necessary to share your data to provide you with the service or product you have purchased and/or to ensure they are able to keep their Customer Relationship Management system up to date and/or to provide you with necessary communications in relation to your purchase.
- Where we are acting as a ticketing agency for a Presenter (via BASS) and it is necessary to share your data to provide you with the service or product you have purchased.
- To online service providers, including, but not limited to Google and Facebook, to enable them to configure our website and other platforms and deliver you relevant information and marketing.
- Where we are required by law to disclose your personal information (e.g., law enforcement, government bodies, in the interest of public health).
- Where we retain a professional advisor, contractor, consultant or other service providers, including media agencies who form the Government of South Australia’s Media Panel.
- To specific parties (including Home Companies or Presenters) to which you have consented to receive direct marketing communications from.
- Any other parties where we have your consent to do so.
If you wish to opt out of receiving communication from a third party that we have disclosed your Personal Information to you must contact the third party directly. Where Adelaide Festival Centre provides your personal information to a third party, these parties are responsible for complying with applicable laws governing how personal information is to be handled.
We do not sell your personal information.
5.3 Direct Marketing
When creating an account with BASS on any BASS-powered website (including this website) you are asked whether you wish to receive information from us, our Home Companies and Presenters via either email or post. You may also be asked this question within the transaction process when purchasing a ticket online or when directly booking tickets via our Contact Centre.
If you opt-in to receive news via any of these options, we will contact you via your preferred method with information including:
- Special offers
- Relevant events
- Offers and news from relevant partners or organisations
You can opt-out of receiving such information at any time. If you do wish to opt-out, let us know by updating your details online, at our Box Office or Information Desk, or by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy. When receiving email marketing, you can also use the Unsubscribe links which are included in the footer of the email. These are always clear, conspicuous, and easy to activate.
Surveys are sent via Qualtrics. If you receive a survey in relation to one of your opt-ins, you can choose to opt-out of receiving any future surveys without opting out of receiving wider emails.
If you wish to opt out of receiving Direct Marketing from a third party that we have disclosed your information to, you must contact the third party directly. Where Adelaide Festival Centre provides your personal information to a third party, these parties are responsible for complying with applicable laws governing how personal information is to be handled.
5.4 Communications relating to your transaction or your visit
We use the information you have provided us to send you up to date information about your visit, your experience or regarding your transaction. This may be via email, telephone, post or SMS.
These communications may include post-show surveys related to your attendance at an event. You can opt-out of receiving all future surveys via the link in the footer of any received survey.
5.5 Communications relating to a subscription purchase
If you have purchased a season subscription or had your details provided as an additional subscriber, this information will be used to communicate to you about specific benefits related to your subscription. As per §5.2, this information may be disclosed to the necessary Home Company with which your subscription is relevant for.
6. Online Privacy
6.1 Online data collection and use
When you visit an Adelaide Festival Centre or BASS website, our web servers make a record of your visit and log information including:
- Your computer’s unique internet address
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages, media or documents you have accessed
- How you found our website (i.e. via search engine)
- The amount of time spent on our website
- The type of browser and operating system used
- Your geographic location, device used and visitation frequency
This information provides us with information about how our website is used. We may combine this information with other information provided to us to help us understand your preferences and interests. We may also use this information for marketing purposes.
6.2 Cookies Policy
A cookie is a small file placed on your electronic device by a web server when you access a website. Cookies themselves do not identify the individual user, just the electronic device used.
We use both ‘first party’ cookies (cookies used by our websites only) and ‘third party’ cookies (cookies originating from a third-party website). These third parties include advertisers, advertising networks and technology platforms such as Google and Facebook.
- To recognise a computer which has previously visited our websites and customise your experience according to previous preferences and site behaviour;
- To gather anonymised analytics of website activity; and
- To provide you with information and marketing about Adelaide Festival Centre when you are online or using social media.
Where relevant, Adelaide Festival Centre may allow cookies to be used by Home Companies and Presenters for the purposes outlined above.
7. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
7.1 Contact Information and Preferences
You can access and update your contact information and preferences at any time via your BASS account at adelaidefestivalcentre.com.au or bass.net.au.
You can also update this information by contacting us via the details listed below.
7.2 Other Personal Information
If you would like to access or update information outside of the above, or request the removal of any personal information, please contact us via the details listed below.
There are some circumstances where we are not obliged to provide access to or remove the personal information that we hold.
Please note if you are requesting access to view or change your data, we may ask you to provide photographic evidence of your identity (such as a driver’s licence or passport).
8. Contact Us
Phone: +61 8 8216 8600
Last Updated 3/11/2020