Professional Learning workshops that support state-wide projects and DreamBIG Children’s Festival are again being offered by the Department for Education of South Australia.
DreamBIG Children’s Festival 2021 was launched for South Australian schools in September 2020, when the DreamBIG Children’s Festival Schools’ Program and accompanying Department’s Teaching and Learning Resource were distributed to all schools in SA.
The workshops are:
- Suitable for teachers - whether an arts specialist or non-specialist - of primary, special needs and secondary students.
- Practical in nature and are designed to provide quick training.
- Aligned with the Australian Curriculum: The Arts and intended to support students’ participation in the Festival, either through attending a performance or celebrating the arts within their school community.
- Free for government school teachers, with costs being met by Corporate Office.
Professional Learning workshops on offer are:
- Curiosity box / Space-iosity
- Chroma key critters: Animation and screen trickery
- Dancing our landscape
Register at the links below for workshops in various areas around our state, or use this document to plan your workshops in the lead-up to DreamBIG.
Wednesday 17 February
South East/Limestone Coast
Thursday 4 March
Port Lincoln & Surrounds
Thursday 18 March
Monday 12 April
Port Augusta & Port Pirie
Wednesday 28 April
Wednesday 5 May